Monday, February 21, 2011

The Joys of Not Training


As I mentioned a few days ago, I've been putting together a serious racer-boy type training plan to get myself into shape for PBP in August. I'm still researching and figuring out the details, but I have enough figured out to know that it's a little too early for me to be ramping up the hard training yet. The serious training will start in about three weeks. From then until the beginning of August, almost all of my rides will be with a purpose.

So, in the meantime I'm appreciating the fact that I can just go for a bike ride on a beautiful sunny Sunday and ride for the love of riding (and eating of course). I can even stop by the lake for a snack (careful to not let those waterfowl get any of my Fig Newton crumbs) and enjoy the view without paying attention to interval schedules and heart rate monitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment