Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cascade 1200

I signed up for the Cascade 1200 a couple of days ago. Honestly, my palms got sweaty just filling out the online registration form and confirming the PayPal payment. The Cascade 1200 is a 1200 km "grand randonee" put on every two years by the Seattle International Randonneurs. It generally follows a pretty mountainous route, crossing the Cascade range a couple of times with plenty of other ups and downs along the way. I've done a couple of 600 km brevets now, still a 1200 scares the heck out of me. But since my long term goal is to ride the PBP in 2011, I suppose I'd better get comfortable with the idea.

Between now and the start of the Cascade 1200, I'll be riding a full SR series (200k, 300k, 400k and 600k brevets) so I should be in decent shape when it rolls around at the end of June.

2 comments:

  1. You better be in good shape... I'm expecting you to pull me for at least half of the route.

    See ya on the road- Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell you what, Chris. I'll pull you for the first half, you pull me for the second half.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete